Vice President of Human Resources
376 Northlake Blvd Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Tews Company is working with an organization located in the Altamonte Springs area with an opening for a Vice President of Human Resources.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Current proven experience working as a VP of HR or similar level
Experience working with an employee population in the range of 350 to 800
Bachelor’s degree is required. Master's degree preferred
SHRM-SCP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
Solid career progression 10 to 15 years of HR experience.
Confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage positively impact individuals and groups is essential.
HR Department development experience
This position requires a motivated and motivating team builder. The HR team consists of 2 Generalists, 1 Admin, and 1 Part-time HR Assistant.
- Restructure recruiting and build strategy around talent acquisition – 100 people were hired last year, but had a lot of turnover.
- Succession Planning needs to be addressed, so will Training and Development; however, will likely hire someone else in the future to lead the Training and Development program.
- Upgrade employee orientation
- Review benefits and select insurance carriers
- Integrate HR as a strategic part of the business (historically HR hasn’t been a strategic part of the business nor had a seat at the table)
- Help Leadership with making strategic acquisitions
- Grow company to 3-4 billion
20+-year old company with a total of 270 employees, plan on growing to 400 employees within a couple of years. Expect to double their revenue in 24-32 months. There are 4 small offices: Texas, outside NYC, SC, and NC (10-12 employees in each location).
Due to growth, 15,000 square feet of space was just added to the Altamonte Springs location.
Salary range being offered (based on education and experience): $155K to $195K, plus bonus.