Talent Acquisition, Director
482 S Keller Road Orlando, FL 32810
The Director of Talent Acquisition develops and manages the acquisition and selection processes needed to acquire top talent in support of business objectives. This involves sourcing, selecting and onboarding new team members for functional/technical roles; developing campus visibility and engaging in activities that grow the Employer of Choice brand. Overall, the Director contributes to the high performance culture by exhibiting their values and providing quality results that position the organization as the industry leader.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and manage the acquisition and selection processes needed to acquire top talent in support of the strategic direction, with a focus on recruiting proficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with the Talent leadership to create and execute the Strategic Talent Acquisition Plan.
- Review and enhance recruiting policies, procedures and directives, from sourcing to onboarding.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand position requirements and develop sourcing strategies.
- Use innovative sourcing methods to build a pipeline of high quality candidates, including a referral program.
- Post openings in position-appropriate venues, such as professional organizations and the internet.
- Oversee the use of the applicant tracking system for administering the talent acquisition function.
- Ensure candidates are communicated with and managed throughout the recruiting process.
- Help ensure pre-employment screening is completed and onboarding processes are consistently followed.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Oversee candidate screening, interviewing, offer preparation, negotiation, approval and extension.
- Partner with team members to train hiring managers in assessment, interviewing and selection.
- Assist the Chief Talent Officer with executive-level searches when necessary.
- Monitor key indicators, such as sources, time-to-fill, etc. and analyze effectiveness in employee retention.
- Develop campus visibility and engage in activities that grow the Employer of Choice brand.
- Develop relationships with Florida colleges and universities to strengthen the intern and new graduate talent pipeline through student recruiting events, career fairs, classroom presentations, etc.
- Develop and manage an annual internship program for selected functional areas.
Employer of Choice Brand Management
- Work collaboratively with Communications to enhance social media presence in employment branding.
- Deploy social media (e.g., LinkedIn, etc.) to post positions, identify talent and engage candidates.
- Monitor and respond to employment-related feedback on sites such as Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team capable of supporting performance and growth strategies (complying with COA Standard T3, when appropriate) while fostering an engaging, positive work environment.
- Recruit, supervise and support team members and foster their professional development.
- Establish annual team goals and objectives; track and report results.
- Coach, support and evaluate team member performance, taking corrective action if needed.
- Deliver timely communication through regular management and team meetings.
- Comply and confirm compliance with code of conduct, policies, practices and other legal obligations.
- Participate in succession planning to build the bench strength necessary for future talent needs.
- Develop a strong knowledge base and stay current on total rewards-related issues and trends.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality process.
- Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate the Common Bond Values in the performance of all job duties.
Education and Licenses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills and proficiency