7576 Kingspoint Parkway , Suite 188 Orlando, FL 32819 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
The Systems Administrator works with other Administrators to maintain server environment, which consist of both on-premises servers and cloud servers in Azure. Key server technology include VMWare, vSphere, vROPS, Windows Server, and VMware’s NSX with Trend Micro Deep Security. The Systems Administrator administers the hardware, operating systems, and several software products. The Systems Administrator will contribute to administering email in an Exchange hybrid environment and participate in the project to fully migrate to Exchange Online. The candidate must be a self-starter with initiative and a passion for IT to be effective in this position.
- 240 end users
- Could potentially handle tickets ranging tiers 1-3, basic to complex
- Part of 10 person Team (Network Manager, Database Admin, Sys Admin, POS Admins, SharePoint Admin, Desktop Admin, IT Analyst) – will need to add another Sys Admin and IT Analyst
- A team player, someone that prioritizes communication, someone that asks questions
- ESXi upgrades (Hyper-V)
- Upgrading legacy Windows Servers (2012 to 2019 to 2022)
- Managing backups (Barracuda), patching
- Project Management mindset.
- Editing GPO, distribution groups. Exchange migration underway
- PowerShell experience (basic commands)
- Azure cloud experience would be preferred but not required, in the midst of migrating to Azure (hybrid environment)
- Write documentation