4901 Vineland Rd #350 Orlando, FL 32811
COMPETITIVE SALARY. BONUS OPPORTUNITY. COMPLETE CAREER PATH.
A Tews Company partner is experiencing growth and is in need of a Staff Accountant to join their team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day accounting operations for each location, while adhering to policies and procedures and performing essential month end close activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial accounting
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and high level of integrity, ingenuity and initiative. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines is critical for this position
- Excel proficiency is required
- Must be able to work in a team, recognize problems and offer potential solutions
PeopleSoft skills preferred
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Exercise principles of accounting to examine financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Analyze and compile financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions.
- Prepare reports and input related datea
- Performs assigned duties in connection with month-end close process
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures & Policies
- Responds to inquiries from internal and external parties
- Prepares and posts journal entries
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations to explain variances from prior periods and/or budget
- Communicates with location personnel regarding financial performance
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
SALARY: $50,000 - $55,000 + 10% BONUS