6900 Tavistock Lakes Boulevard Suite 200 Orlando, FL 32827
Now is your chance to join a company dedicated to excellence and help create long-term values in all projects. We are partnered with a redefining property management company in need of Staff Accountant in the South Orlando area.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Previous experience in a corporate accounting role
- High volume A/P experience required
- Strong computer skills
- Excel experience is required
- Very detail-oriented
- Excellent organization and communication skills required
- Familiarity with MRI, Nexus, Concur and/or QuickBooks preferred
This Staff Accountant position will primarily be responsible for managing the Accounts Payable process. The role is expected to grow to include additional accounting responsibilities as the needs of the department expand to meet the growing needs of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Matching OH and operations invoices to the correct PO
- Process invoices for multiple commercial rental properties
- Creating and maintaining appropriate files to electronically store payable support material (backup) for printing checks and obtaining the necessary approvals for invoices and disbursements
- Matching pay requests to the correct contract, while ensuring that payable amounts do not exceed contract or budget limits and if they do, suspending payment until proper approvals are secured
- Working across the applicable project approvers and project administrators to ensure invoices are coded correctly (consistent with GAAP) and are approved in a timely manner in accordance with Accounts Payable SOP’s
- Manage all development project invoices in Nexus throughout the invoice approval process, including re-processing rejected invoices
- Handle vendor and contractor inquiries and relations regarding the status of unpaid invoices
- Collect and organize vendor certificates of insurance and ensure updated ones are received as needed
- Obtain W-9s from vendors as needed and maintain files of said materials
- Mailing checks to vendors and contractors
- Manage the receipt, tracking, and processing for new invoices
- Scan and code invoices for multiple development projects, operating properties, and corporate expense accounts
- Effectively enter, review and reconcile General Ledger transactions, applicable to the Payables process
- Create and maintain performance reporting in the areas of opportunity within the payables process
- Support the company’s expense report processing efforts and be able to work effectively (after training) within the organization’s Payable (Concur), Purchasing (Nexus) and ERP (MRI) software platforms
- Process with weekly/monthly payable check runs
- Assist with month end close processes and reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned
- Assist Senior Accountant, Controller and Director of Accounting as needed with various accounting duties
- Assist as needed within the department to help achieve departmental goals
- Responsible for a set of assigned, general accounting activities.
- The assigned activities may be entry level to midlevel in accounting complexity and are assigned in a manner consistent with the individual’s experience, skill sets, and career progression path.
- Assignments and responsibilities (some recurring, some non-recurring) will span across a wide array of general accounting functions, to include areas such as Payables, Receivables, Job Costing, Cash Recording, and Reconciliation.
- Additional work will span the various lines of the business entities and will include activity within multiple Revenue and Expense accounts.
- Responsibilities include frequent recording, reporting, and reconciliation of journal entries which impact the Balance Sheet, Income and Cash Flow Statements
- Entry level to midlevel ability to analyze financial statements is required, as is a general understanding of GAAP
- Health, Dental and Eye Insurance
- PTO and Sick Days
- AND MUCH MORE!!!!