6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando, FL 32821
Are you a recent accounting graduate?? We are partnered with a leading hospitality company in need of a Staff Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis – DIRECT HIRE!
$50 to $60k (based on experience)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (absolutely required)
- 1-3 years in a "month end/ close general ledger" environment (will accept new grad with one or two strong internships)
- Heavy journal entry, general ledger, financial statements, and balance sheets
- Ability to work overtime to assist in financial reporting department deadlines
- Strong Excel knowledge (function formulas, pivot tables, linked spreadsheets)
Other soft skills:
- Self-starter with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Timeshare experience preferred
- Macros experience
Seeking a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for the accurate and timely performance of various assigned functions in support of the month-end close and reporting process. Ensures the accuracy of assigned financial statements, reports and data files; reviews the financial results and provides communication to management. May identify and implement necessary controls whereby ensuring the Company's financial statements are reported in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). May also be involved on special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and other requests from sales, marketing, corporate, resort management, and/or finance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Timely accurate recording of all entries prior to general ledger close in accordance with the corporate closing schedule.
- Ensures financial statements are presented timely to management in accordance with GAAP, accompanied by appropriate financial variance analysis.
- Ensures accounting management is appropriately notified of accounting, internal control, and business issues as they develop in order to devise timely & appropriate action plans.
- Reviews & analyzes financial results for assigned areas in support of the month end close.
- Assorted Sales & Marketing accounting functions including top level journal entries, AMEX and bank support for the sales sites.
- Timely accurate preparation and/or review of assigned balance sheet reconciliations and/or month end schedules including research and resolution of reconciling items.
- Health, Dental and Eye Insurance
- PTO and Sick Days
- AND MUCH MORE!!!!