1350 Sheeler Ave Apopka, FL 32703
Have high volume staff accountant experience? Ready for a change in career? Tews Company is partnered with a fast growing design company in need of a Staff Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Monday to Friday 8 am to 5:00 pm
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- 3-5 years of experience as a Staff Accountant
- QuickBooks experience
- High volume A/R (2,000/mo.) and A/P (500/mo.)
- A thorough understanding of GAAP standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, reporting, financial closure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong Excel skills (high intermediate to advanced)
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once (fast moving with the ability to multi-task)
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field is required
- SAP Business One preferred
- Inventory or job cost accounting experience (Ideal if one candidate had this experience)
We are looking for an experienced, driven Staff Accountant for an immediate opening at an innovative, on-the-rise company. Attention to detail is critical, organized, able to maintain focus while handling multiple responsibilities in a fast pace environment. The Staff Accountant must able to handle several projects at a time.
This individual will ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all entries. The Staff Accountant must be able to knowledgeable in full cycle Accounting such as accounts payable and accounts receivable; inventory accounting and collections; and the accurate recording and payment of tax liabilities.
The company promises are Quality, Team, Passion, Speed, and Innovation. These values are the driving factors that create the blue print for all positions at the company. The Staff Accountant role is one of the most important representation of these values.
- Accounts Payable
- Monthly A/P Aging reconciliation
- Preparation of bills for entry (account coding, use tax calculations, 3-way matching)
- Create item receipts or enter bills for BOLs/product received
- Oversee W-9 Audit
- Prepare, process and distribute annual 1099 forms and filings
- Accounts Receivable Reconciliation
- Monthly A/R Aging reconciliation
- Weekly E-Commerce invoicing
- Record daily payment receipts in QuickBooks
- Oversee collection efforts
- Monthly intercompany billing
- Daily merchant service imports
- Oversee internal Resale Tax Certificate audits
- Submit daily deposits
- Credit Card Accounts
- Weekly credit card transaction imports and coding
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliation
- Oversee inventory assembly builds
- Record cycle count adjustments
- Month-End close
- Ensure all transaction have been entered and are coded correctly
- Prepare financial report packet with workpapers for balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Corporate Tax support
- Annual GST/HST filing
- Annual property tax listing & depreciation schedule maintenance
- Sales & Use Tax filings
- Assisting CPA with documentation & information for Federal & State Returns)
- Prepare weekly and monthly scorecards
- Maintain and record Memorized Transactions
- Create and maintain SOPs
- Support management as needed with audits, projects, special reports, etc.
- Health Benefits
- PTO and sick policy
- And MUCH MORE!!!
Apply today for immediate consideration! Also, visit jobs.tewscompany.com for more accounting and finance positions.