Staff Accountant - Contract
6649 Westwood Blvd Orlando, FL 32821
Here is an amazing opportunity to use your staff accountant for an established hospitality company. TEWS Company is looking for a Staff Accountant to join a growing and global hospitality company in the South Orlando area on a contract basis through the end of the year. This person will be:
Specific Job Summary
As a member of the Accounting Services department, the Staff Accountant contributes specialized knowledge in the shared services accounting process including inter-company and inter-unit transactions. The Staff Accountant supports the period close process as well as prepares and interprets results for business operations during the period, quarter, and year-end close process as well as coordination and consolidation of financial data needed for use in these processes.
CLS Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, research, and report generation.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Reviews financial data to ensure it is in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Completes period end closing process, including journal entries, financial statement activity and reporting for all appropriate departments.
- Performs reconciliations, journal entries, and related research.
- Ensures necessary adjusting journal entries are completed in timely manner.
- Responsible for MIP-66 account reconciliations
- Responsibilities also include providing ad hoc reports for management.
- Assists with preparation of audit work papers
- Performs special projects as required.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows: Usually a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or related experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS/BA in accounting preferred or equivalent on-the-job-experience.
- Sales & Marketing site experience preferred
- Proficiency in PC-based applications, including Excel, MS access and Word.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to reconcile accounts and explain variances.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented highly-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
PAY RATE: $26.00 - $27.00