Sr. Project Manager
13485 Veterans Way Orlando, FL 32827
TEWS has is looking for a Senior Project Management Consultant for one of our largest and best clients in the Orlando area.
The Senior Project Manager is a seasoned project management professional that works with IT and business stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhering to high quality standards and meeting customer expectations. This is an individual that has demonstrated experience managing all aspects of very large complex projects made up of business and technical resources, some of whom may be external resources, business partners or vendors. They are responsible for developing project schedules, team member assignments, reviewing project management/system development lifecycle artifacts; and escalating issues and risks as appropriate. The Senior Project Manager is seasoned in persuasion, conflict resolution, leadership, dealing with ambiguity and building rapport with the team and customer. They are skilled at identifying project dependencies and able to navigate through issues and connect the various stakeholders to a common goal. The Senior Project Manager is instrumental in advancing the core project management disciplines and promoting these practices throughout the corporation. They work with little to no guidance and often provide coaching and mentoring to junior level project managers.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet customer expectations
- Define staffing requirements and manage multiple project resources.
- Create and maintain project budgets including all labor hours, vendor invoices and other internal or external expenses.
- Monitor projects against budget, scope and timelines and initiates Change Management processes as appropriate.
- Anticipate and resolve project issues or risks, removing barriers, creating and implementing contingency plans, and escalating issues to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Maintain project deliverable schedule, milestones, and required tasks and provide any changes and additions required
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel for projects or projects spanning multiple functional areas.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues within the project team, including both IT and business members, and executive management. Serve as the primary point of communication for the project.
- Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs for projects.
- Monitor project documentation to ensure compliance with project management and systems development lifecycle standards for projects.
- Assume responsibility for in flight high risk, troubled projects and successfully mitigate outstanding risks and proactively address additional risks.
- Coordinate activities of the business unit and develop and maintains relationships with the customers. Ensure the business needs and objectives are met by the project.
- Actively involved in the mentoring and training of other Project Managers.
- Suggest and create standard project management or systems development lifecycle templates through best in class analysis.
- Design and provide guidance around the structure and creation of the document repository for projects.
- Establish the program business case and charter and ensure that it is consistently and appropriately communicated to all stakeholders as well as ensuring it aligns with business objectives/corporate strategies
- Strong knowledge of project management fundamentals, including leadership of project teams to meet deadlines and ensure successful, quality production of deliverables; development, execution and administration of project schedules; project management fundamentals including budget management, issue and risk management, resource allocation, change management and RFI/RFP development
- Able to build deployment plans for large scale implementations
- Proven project management, leadership, and communication skills at all levels of an organization (written & verbal)
- Demonstrated facilitation between business units and technology groups
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Solid communication skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work and act with minimal supervision
- Flexible and able to change to the needs of the day to day requirements
- Must possess a strong customer service attitude
- Familiarity with, and a working knowledge of, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, and other related software
- Knowledgeable in Agile and Waterfall methodology concepts
- Knowledge of Planview a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 9 years of experience with managing multiple projects to successful completion, preferably in information systems-oriented environments
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in either a PM, leadership or technical role
- PMP, CSM certifications preferred, but not required