Sr. Project Manager
2101 Park Center Drive, 3rd Floor Orlando, FL 32835
We are seeking a strong Technical Project Manager for a consulting opportunity in Orlando. This role will provide enterprise-wide project management in support of IT and business operational projects. The role will be focused in the area of project management for IT Operations and Application Development. This position will work with IT and other business units to ensure the successful definition, planning, estimation and execution of projects defined by the business units and IT department.
The Sr. Project Manager will have overall responsibility to ensure the success of projects are defined and met. They will also be responsible for consulting/vendor/partner relationships, service delivery and overall performance. This role will also act as a liaison between IT and business units to facilitate key strategic and tactical initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- PMP Certified
- Solid understanding of SDLC
- Application Development/Integration Project Management Experience
- Advanced Excel
- Manage and administer IT-related projects by ensuring proper prioritization, alignment to current business strategies, appropriate resource allocation, consistent communication, accurate specifications/documentation, budgetary management, and timely delivery of end products/services
- Act as liaison to the business units and working with the IT team to ensure that IT meets the business unit's objectives
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor project budget and master project plan for major business initiatives
- Document and implement best practices to improve project management and business processes within the IT department
- Work to ensure adherence to defined project management policies, procedures and standards
- Track project milestones; schedule and facilitate status and review meetings for team members and project sponsors
- Develop and manage a measurement strategy to ensure optimal resource allocation and productive team performance utilizing project milestones, key performance indicators, service level agreements, risk and exposure, success rates, financial impact and benefits, and timeline commitments
- Oversee, review and communicate the progress of enterprise IT projects
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors for delivery of systems according to project plan
- Conduct project review meetings
- Monitor customer satisfaction for all completed projects.
- Provide summary financial analysis and ROI data on projects, develop and maintain consistent reporting for project financing and expenditures
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner to stay on track to achieve common goals
- Strong project management skills including ability to manage details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met