Sr. Payroll Specialist
55 West Gore Street Orlando, FL 32806 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
*Our forward-thinking partner is seeking an experienced Sr. Payroll Specialist. *
Work from home flexibility
Robust Benefits Package
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional certification is required to be obtained within 18 months of date of hire.
- 3-7 years of payroll experience in a high volume, multi-entity company required.
- Solid understanding of payroll cycles.
- Must have knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar payroll information system.
- Experience using spreadsheet, word processing, and database software required.
Our partner one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Their facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished them as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually.
What you will do?
This position is to provide assistance and back up to the Payroll Supervisor as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and process complex payrolls on a bi-weekly and monthly schedule as per checklists.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing garnishments and maintain a good relationship with legal counsel regarding garnishment procedures.
- Assist in quarter-end and year-end processes, including the distribution of W2's.
- Train team members on new procedures and policies.
- Identify process improvement initiatives and establish standards for new processes.
- Approve and release manual off-cycle check payments.
- Manage test scripts provided by HRIS for payroll processing.
- Maintain knowledge of payroll regulations and benefit packages to address employee inquiries.
- Research and compile information for the annual unclaimed property report.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Information Services to resolve payroll-related issues.