Sr. Database Analyst
4974 ORL Tower Rd Orlando, FL 32807 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Database Analyst for a client based in Central Florida. This is a hybrid position based in Orlando. Excellent opportunity and amazing benefits. The Senior Database Analyst is mainly responsible for planning, designing, and maintaining the organization's enterprise databases and data warehouse systems in both cloud and local environments. Sets the standards for database architecture, data modeling and access methods. Also utilizes best practices to oversee all aspects of day-to-day database operations, availability, integrity, performance, and security.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the organization's database, data warehousing and BI infrastructure.
- Ensure that database availability, performance, and security meets company requirements.
- Develop and improve the current database architecture, emphasizing data security, data quality and timeliness, scalability, and extensibility.
- Analyze data structures and adapt them to easily fulfill data requests from all departments.
- Support development efforts with the design and implementation of database structures and programmatical units.
- Implement and simplify self-service data query and analysis capabilities of the BI platform.
- Provide expertise in writing and editing queries that read, manipulate, and analyze data from business intelligence, relational databases, and data warehouses.
- Improve database implementations by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Create and maintain all database documentation including E/R and data flow diagrams.
Technical Skills Required:
- Hands-on knowledge of all aspects of database architecture and management in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle environments.
- Solid knowledge of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts and implementations.
- Proven expert level skills writing and optimizing complex SQL queries.
- Ability to design, create and maintain data storage structures and access methods.
- Experience working with complex data modelling, ETL design, and using large databases in a business environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of database tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio and/or TOAD is a must.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI or Tableau is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8+ Years of progressive, hands-on experience working with database technologies.
- 2+ Years of experience working in a cloud database environment, preferably in MS Azure Cloud.
- Microsoft and/or Oracle certification is desirable but not required.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate technically at both low and high levels, including training.
- Work schedule will be hybrid in nature with remote work combined with required on-site presence on a weekly basis and/or as required by management.