Sr. Analyst, IT Security Engineer
14901 S. Orange Blossom Trl Orlando, FL 32837
Are you a security professional looking to join an international organization based in Orlando, Florida? If so, we have an excellent opportunity available with one of our clients for a Sr. IT Security Engineer. This role is a technical, hands-on cybersecurity administrator well versed and experienced in all aspects of Cyber Security. This individual is part of a team responsible for implementing, configuring, maintaining and operating a variety of security solutions. This individual will be responsible for the execution and enhancement of security processes, security awareness, compliance and vulnerability management programs and the protection of Company assets. Responsibilities include Information Security-related operational tools, techniques, policies and standards. This individual is expected to have an extensive background and hands-on experience with a variety of cyber security tools.
- Proactively protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in the custody of or processed by the company by utilizing the toolsets provided.
- Experience leveraging advanced threat protection software to prevent, detect, and identify Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) that might circumvent traditional security solutions like anti-virus, firewalls, and IPS/IDS.
- Ability to manage and analyze the data presented in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution to create automation within the SIEM, take the real-time data produced from alerts, and translate that into incident response plans.
- Leverage analytics and intelligence gathering skills to identify and detect attacks as quickly as possible and possess the ability to aggregate network and application data to prevent attacks from occurring in the future.
- Tests, selects and implements off-the-shelf, best-of-breed security products.
- Participates in security architecture design, review and planning.
- Participates in development and operation of security incident response processes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of technical security including, but not limited to IPS/IDS, Vulnerability Scanning & Management, Patch Management, Compliance, Encryption, MDM, Content Filtering, email hygiene, DLP, Identity & Access Management/SSO and secure file sharing.
- Supports risk and compliance activities with regulatory requirements and other statutory regulations (SOX, PCI, PII, GDPR, Privacy Laws, etc.)
- Will help administer, direct and manage the resources for the global security awareness and training program.
- Participates in the design, implementation and review of security metrics.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or related fields required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in information security.
- Knowledge of audit compliance, corporate security and network policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with security framework models such as ISO 27000 series, etc.
- CISSP, CEH, CCSP or other Cyber Security related certifications are desirable.
- Experience securing Windows and Linux platforms in a dynamic production environment.
- Understanding of relationships between threats, vulnerabilities, asset values and their effect on overall business risk.
- Familiarity with public cloud architectures
- Assist with post-breach investigation/impact/loss assessments.