Service Desk Specialist
5750 Major Boulevard Suite 400 Orlando, FL 32819
TEWS is actively recruiting for an IT Services Desk Specialist. The service desk specialist answers, monitors and prioritizes service desk calls, and resolves most non-maintenance problems with an accurate knowledge of system procedures and tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer and respond to service desk phones in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Enter, update, and close calls in the organization's incident tracking system.
- Place hardware service calls when appropriate. Accurately determine when hardware service is required and place calls to service vendors describing the failure and the steps taken to determine the failure. Follow up with service vendors to ensure prompt service delivery
- Practice clear, correct verbal and written communication skills with our users and service organizations
- Resolve most non-maintenance problems with an accurate knowledge of system procedures and tools
- Demonstrate teamwork with staff and upper management. Communicate and follow through on any job or task assigned by second level support staff in a timely and accurate manner. Keep management informed of important issues and follow proper escalation procedures
- Maintain a good working relationship with our users and service organizations. Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to help our callers. Practice excellent customer service skills
- Keep abreast of the latest hardware and software developments offered by Restaurant Systems. Establish a thorough knowledge of the systems and procedures
Required Skills & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience using standard word processing and spreadsheet software
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral and telephone
- Strong analytical skills & detailed oriented
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while using sound judgment to make accurate, efficient decisions
- Must be flexible to work nights/weekends in a 24 hour/7 days a week operation and participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Position involves approximately 30% travel
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred