Senior Manager, Integration Architecture
Orlando, FL 32801
TEWS has an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of our client's Enterprise Architecture group. The Senior Manager of Integration Architecture is an integral member of the Enterprise Architecture team that is responsible for translating business strategy into exceptionally architected IT application and solution designs to realize maximum business value, derived from enterprise IT investment, in a way that strikes the right balance between IT efficiency and business innovation.
The Senior Manager is a technologist with a passion for delivering enterprise-class services. The role is a leadership role that requires a commitment to design excellence, service delivery and management, and continuous improvement.
The leader in this role will provide day-to-day management and oversight of the technologies / services supporting the WSO2 API Gateway, as well as the Data Integration Platform. The leader will also have accountability for defining integration standards, best practices, and reference architectures for application and data integration. The leader in this role will consult with technology subject matter experts from various disciplines in IT (application, infrastructure, data/information, security, testing, etc.) to define the most effective integration solutions to business problems, while also leveraging their knowledge of existing applications and services, and the capabilities available in the marketplace. The person will especially focus on defining and leveraging APIs as well as event driven data streams, as appropriate for solutions.
The skills of the Senior Manager of Integration Architecture include:
- Knowledge of various integration design patterns and how best to leverage them.
- Deep understanding of APIs, services, service orchestration, event driven data streams, ETL, etc.
- Understanding technology alternatives and when to apply them.
- Embracing modern architectural paradigms to maximize architectural agility.
- Establishing metrics to measure improvement.
- Validating architectural decisions to obtain accurate feedback.
- Embracing emergent architecture.
- Advocating for Agile practices to increase delivery agility.
- Increasing business domain knowledge to aid in decision-making.
- Building relationships with users to increase trust.
- Oversee and approve design of integration solutions for projects and programs, collaborating with the Enterprise, Solution, and Data Architects for the overall solution design approach.
- Oversee and direct the design, development, and support of Business, Process, and System APIs.
- Oversee and lead the design of data integration for enterprise systems, including integration to SaaS and COTS solutions.
- Lead the development of Swagger API specifications.
- Define and maintain an Integration Strategy for the Enterprise.
- Partner with IT Plan, Build, and Run teams on the implementation of the integration designs.
- Provide hands-on expert level assistance to the Integration Team Members for technical issues.
Lead and Influence
- Manage team members and vendors to deliver 24x7 platform technical support for the integration platforms.
- Run an Agile-based request management approach for changes and improvements to integrations and services, as well as manage Agile delivery of APIs and integration services.
- Provide thought leadership, technical specialty, and mentorship to project teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Influence and collaborate with fellow leaders on the Architecture Review Board (ARB) to vet proposed solution designs for alignment with the strategic enterprise architecture.
- Develop and guide direct reports by providing career path conversations and mentoring and help them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans.
- Communicate and drive common vision, practices, and capabilities across development teams.
Focus on Strategy and Execution
- Ensure the operational aspects of the application and data integration platforms including availability, performance, capacity, scalability, resiliency, licensing, etc.
- Oversee vendors/partners to deliver integrations and services, and measure that existing services align with Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure service operations, knowledge management, continuous improvement, service level, and availability management are operationalized across the team for application and data integration.
- Oversee design and delivery of high performance, highly scalable and flexible, secure, cost-effective integration solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural design and technology strategies.
- Develop and promote reference architectures for enterprise solutions.
- Consult with IT Build and IT Run partners to ensure alignment of the solution approach with their respective abilities to execute and manage the solution delivery and operations, ensuring consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as identifying when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Work with various business stakeholders in problem solving, creating business capabilities, and defining effective and efficient technology solutions for solving business problems and enabling business capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience, Masters Degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in information, solution, or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
- At least 2 years of management / leadership role leading technology resources, 3-5 years leading application and/or data integration teams preferred
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience architecting and delivering solutions related to APIs, service-oriented architecture, and technology modernizations and/or data integration solutions
- Solid understanding of application and data integration patterns and principles
- Good understanding and exposure to overall API-Management concepts and fundamentals
- Thorough experience in developing RESTful APIs and WSDL-based SOAP web services
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)
- General understanding of data architectures and DBMS technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of enterprise application integration (EAI), including SOA, microservices, eventing/messaging, API, open data patterns, and middleware technologies
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging
- 5+ years of experience in information, solution, or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
- Experience working with IT service providers in an outsourced resource model
- Prior experience in a formalized enterprise architecture organization with demonstrated expertise in the following Enterprise Architecture skill sets are preferred:
- Business process design & metrics
- Business case development
- Application & services design
- Service level agreements
- IT industry standards
- Architecture principles design
- Architecture views & viewpoints
- Building block design
- Solution modeling