941 West Morse Boulevard, Suite 130 Winter Park, FL 32789 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We are partnering with a local investment firm that is seeking a Senior Accountant!
- 5-7+ years of experience as an Accountant in Public Accounting OR an Accountant with investment, private equity, or fund experience
- A thorough understanding of GAAP standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, reporting, etc.).
- Strong QuikBooks and Excel skills (pivot tables, etc.)
- Operations mindset or experience
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for spearheading certain strategic matters as well as overseeing the firm’s day-to-day accounting activities, as performed by in-house bookkeeper. More specifically, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate preparation of internal monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including trailing and forward-looking operating and cash flow statements reflecting the performance and its affiliated entities.
- Timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual GAAP compliant financial statements managed investment vehicles for delivery to investors.
- Oversight of the general ledger and related bookkeeping activities (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoice payment).
- Coordination with, and delivery of information to, tax preparer and auditor, as well as to regulatory agencies, as applicable.
- Creation and management of report generation and communication processes vis-à-vis investors (e.g., the delivery of standard reports and tax material, the timely response to investors’ inquiries and requests for additional information).
- Execution of specific projects and duties as assigned (e.g., cost and cash management analysis).
The responsibilities listed above will require the Senior Accountant to take an active interest in all facets of operations so as to gain a high “Company IQ” and understand matters pertinent to investments and investors (e.g., fund structures, tax treatments).