984 Old Mill Run The Villages, FL 32162 US
Amazing Benefits Package including:
100% employer paid Medical Insurance!
Funded Retirement Plans!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field with five (5) or more years of supervisory accounting experience in a Finance office, preferably in a governmental setting.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages up to six staff, overseeing hiring/firing, annual evaluations, and performance documentation.
- Supervises monthly financial statement preparation.
- Monitors cash receipt function, reconciles deposits, and enforces dual controls on cash handling.
- Coordinates payments with U.S. Bank representatives, prepares journal entries.
- Reviews and approves accounting transactions, monthly reconciliations, and cash reconciliations.
- Manages capitalization and depreciation of fixed assets, enforces internal control policies, and oversees payroll transactions.
- Processes weekly and monthly wire transfers for cash, investment, and trust accounts.
- Reviews Accounts Payable cash requirements for weekly cash reports, ensuring accuracy and fund availability.
- Provides support for auditors, prepares research for special projects, and recommends accounting procedures.
- Prepares the tax assessment rolls sent to the appropriate counties. Reviews reports and cross checks amounts in detail for the 12+ numbered Districts. Over 20+ bond assessment and 10+ maintenance assessment rolls are maintained totaling over $100 million annually.
- Monitors and validates that Bond interest and principal debt service payments are met semi-annually.
- Monitors tax collections for governmental funds to ensure 100% receipt of assessments.
- Responsible for the Capitalization and Depreciation of Fixed Assets through the Bond requisition process or the Purchase Order process. Reviews and approves fixed asset transactions created by staff.
- Oversees the processing of bi-weekly payroll transactions to the General Ledger. Ensure that the proper account codes have been set up to allow for correct posting.
- Processes large number of weekly and monthly wire transfer transactions, both incoming and outgoing, for all cash, investment and trust accounts.
- Reviews weekly Accounts Payable cash requirements and provides information in a useful format for the weekly cash report to ensure accuracy and that sufficient funds are available for vendor obligations.