50 East Robinson Street Orlando, FL 32802
Are you an experienced in Accountant?? Looking for your next big career move? We are partnered with a non-profit company in need of a Senior Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis – DIRECT HIRE!!!
$55k (based on experience)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
- Confidence and demonstrated ability to adapt (that typically means they need to have experience working for more than one company)
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in a comparable role (as a Mid to Senior-level Accountant)
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, FASB and accounting theory, principles, practices, laws and procedures as well as compliance and financial reporting
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Experience in non-profit accounting and Foundation organization and knowledge of IRS 990 preferred
- Knowledge of fund and grant accounting preferred
- Blackbaud Financial Edge and Stellar iPhi software preferred
- MS Access
- Investment accounting
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying GAAP and FASB standards, working in compliance with non-profit and diocesan rules and regulations, assisting with audit schedules and fund management, conducting financial analysis, ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures, and preparing accurate and timely internal and external financial reports and statements. This position requires working with diocesan departments and entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include supporting the mission and vision of the organization and the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and records journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Ensures proper controls over cash collections, bank payments, and updates as needed.
- Coordinates processes and information between internal roles as well as diocesan departments and entities as needed.
- In a timely manner performs complex monthly reconciliations, including accruals and closing journal entries, of balance sheet and income statement accounts and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares and presents accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assists the Director of Finance, taking a lead role in annual audit preparation, including preparation of requested audit schedules, footnotes, disclosures and other materials.
- Assists the Director of Finance by creating organizational operating and capital budgets, including annual operating and capital budgets.
- Assists the Director of Finance and President with other Foundation infrastructure development, ad-hoc reporting and internal control assessment, as needed.
- Assists the Director of Finance with planning of cash flow with projections/forecasts for existing and new programs.
- Assists the Director of Finance by creating materials for the Board of Directors, Committees, Advisory Councils and Members.
- Assists the Director of Finance by managing the preparation year-end reporting and financial statements, gathering annual report information and preparation of the organization’s IRS 990.
- Continuously improves operations by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management.
- Assists with fund management by managing monthly closing of fund system, including allocation of monthly investment return, distributions, fee assessments and communication with partners and donors.
- Assists Foundation team with budget activity, proper expenditure coding, appropriate expense allocations, KPI and budget variance analyses, and other accounting-related activities.
- Collaborates with staff accountant and other staff as needed to perform tasks.
- Contributes to organizational policy development and update of process and workflow documentation and training materials.
- Ensures accounting systems and functions are maintained.
- Gains and maintains knowledge of GAAP, FASB and specific non-profit accounting standards. Stays current with market research, data mining and business benchmarking.
- Maintains confidentiality of financial, contract and donor information.
- Health, Dental and Eye Insurance
- PTO and Sick Days
- AND MUCH MORE!!!!