4205 Vineland Road Suite L1 Orlando, FL 32811
Tews Company is currently recruiting for a Sr. Accountant on an open-ended contract basis.
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for analyzing and reconciling accounts, generating reports, preparing tax returns and correspondence, and conducting special accounting projects as required, working within the limits of the established policy.
Other responsibilities include analyzing various financial data including collecting, monitoring, and studying source data; and recommending appropriate actions. Establishes own standards of performance with direct accountability for final results.
- Compile and analyze financial information to create, and validate month-end journal entries and spreadsheets
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger accounts
- Analyze designated accounts and business units to ensure that transactions have been accurately coded and recorded and to identify, investigate, resolve or report on activity that may be unexpected;
- Prepare multi-state sales tax and tangible property tax returns and correspondence with various taxing authorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Five to seven years general ledger accounting experience in both medium to large size corporation and public accounting environments
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) advanced proficiency
- JD Edwards experience preferred
- Special projects and/or project management experience beneficial
- Strong organizational skills along with effective time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused; team oriented