2605 Maitland Center Parkway Maitland, FL 32751
Now is your chance to join a property management company dedicated to affordable multifamily rental housing. We are partnered with a customer-focused property management company in need of Staff Accountant in the Maitland area.
$45k to $48k (based on experience)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- 1-2 Years of Full Cycle Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices required
- Journal Entries - Debits and Credits
- Prepaid and Accrued Expenses
- Preparation/analysis of Financial Statement
- Auditing Experience a plus
Prepares monthly and annual financial statements for the assigned partnerships. Performs bank reconciliations and communicates with property staff.
- Prepares monthly and year end financials and supporting schedules. Reconciles reports, researches and corrects discrepancies. Reviews general ledgers for accuracy. Prepares and posts journal entries for adjustments as needed.
- Prepares monthly bank and cash reconciliations. Prepares any journal entries to post corrections. Communicates any discrepancies with property staff.
- Reconciles ledger to trustee statements. Monitors bond related fees are paid accurately and timely.
- Prepares minimum budget related schedules, verifies data to support schedules and provides accurate backup for additional details.
- Prepares daily bank deposits for miscellaneous receipts and performs monthly security deposit funding and bank wires and transfers as necessary.
- Researches and responds to questions from Community Directors, District Managers/Regional Managers, and auditors.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Attends or assists with other accounting related training.
- Participates in monthly meetings.
- Assists Operations Department with any financial statement related questions.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Use of computer and usual peripherals, specialty and common software, common software: Yardi, Microsoft Office software and Report Writer.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices required.
Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Accounting required with a preferred emphasis on full cycle accounting and financial statement preparation.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
A wide variety of duties requiring intensive knowledge of accounting, policies and procedures. Must be able to work independently, use judgment for decision making and be detailed oriented based on customary or accepted practices. Also must be able to analyze spreadsheets and accounting information.
Plans and arranges workload as long as established deadlines are met. Final financials statements and supporting schedules are reviewed for technical accuracy, adequacy of professional judgment, and compliance with instructions.
- Health, Dental and Eye Insurance
- PTO and Sick Days
- AND MUCH MORE!!!!