Manager, Product Strategy
2101 Park Center Drive , 3rd floor Orlando, FL 32801 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Hybrid Opportunity Based in Orlando
Seeking a Strong Product Strategist or Business Analyst
Excellent Benefits including Health Insurance on Day One
The Manager, Product Strategy is responsible for building product strategy and roadmaps that are aligned to the organization's strategy and desired business outcomes. The Manager is a key role requiring technical experience, strategic thinking and business acumen and will be assigned one or more business areas within HGV. This role will be primarily responsible for managing demand prioritization for technology initiatives, creating the business case for initiatives, partnering across IT to estimate initiatives and developing the product roadmap. This role will also work closely with business partners at the senior and mid-levels to communicate the roadmap and initiatives and will collaborate on priorities. The Manager will be successful when working collaboratively with business partners across the organization as well as with technology partners throughout IT. Superior soft skills are critical to ensure success.
Liaison and Strategist – Strategic partner with the business to understand and communicate their priorities, define value, and plan for the technology components necessary to drive business value.
- Build relationships by listening, building rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner within business units, as well as leadership and functional teams. Solid communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting, including the comfort of working at executive levels.
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience.
- Actively participate in business planning cycles and business reviews, and proactively identify opportunities for the business to leverage technology to enable growth
- Committee and Customer Advisory Boards.
- Perform market research and identification of technology trends to support needed business capabilities and provide the business timely and accurate visibility into IT service offerings, projects, operations and resources.
- Understand the workings and strategy of the business as well as current market trends
- Understand consumer, owner, and guest needs.
- Manage demand for applications/products; prioritize requests for new initiatives, enhancements, and new development across the business portfolio
- Build and maintain product and capability roadmaps
- Manage idea process with business and IT stakeholders
- Provides input and maintains annual IT budgets and forecasts for planned projects.
- Facilitates project initiation processes gathering scope, estimates and creating project discovery artifacts
- Develop Capital Project Requests for and presents these requests for funding approval.
- Provides input and creates quality vendor Statements of Work.
- Responsible for gathering estimates from all teams involved to deliver the solution
- Promotes collaboration and smooth transition to delivery when projects are approved and initiated.
- Occasional Travel Required
- Lead by example, mentoring, and motivating others within the Product Strategy team.
- 1 - 3 years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis
- Familiarity with IT strategy, information management practices, system development life cycle management and IT services management
- Business or Systems Analysis experience
- Ability to read, interpret, analyze or otherwise communicate verbally and in written format
- Ability to facilitate meetings to gather needed information for projects
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists
- Applies critical thinking skills when assessing situations and solving problems.
- Experience with daily and direct face to face contact with external or internal customers or clients
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of related experience in lieu of degree
- Analysis experience with enterprise project activity
- Business Relationship Management or Product Strategy experience
- ServiceNow and/or Aha experience
- MS/MA/Master's Degree
- 5-7 years of experience