Finance Manager - Information Technology Finance
Orlando, FL 32801
A TEWS COMPANY PARTNER IS SEEKING A MANAGER FOR THEIR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FINANCE DIVISION.
The primary function of the Manager, IT Finance is to assist with financial forecasting/budgeting and serve as the liaison between business management, accounting, finance and IT. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist with Capital and Opex budget preparation, analysis and management.
- Prepare and coordinate monthly IT forecast for both OpEx and Capital budgets. This includes partnering with the PMO and Portfolio Management to create monthly capital and OpEx project forecast and working with IT leaders to create monthly OpEx forecasts
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly capital and OpEx variance reporting. Perform trend analysis and provide an analysis of risks and opportunities. This will include an analysis of delivery capacity, sustainment vs. project costs and other key drivers of IT spending.
- Partner with PMO to capture time for all FTEs and time and materials contractors / consultants. Create monthly reporting and analysis of labor hours.
- Complete other required IT finance tasks per published deadlines to include
- Generate POs
- Pay invoices, coordinate approvals for invoices
- Prepare and submit monthly accruals
- Compare data contained in a variety of financial records in order to detect errors/discrepancies
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and annual operation reporting for the department as required.
- Maintain, improve and adjust budgets and forecasting as needed
- Automate monthly reporting and analysis where possible (i.e. summarized P&L, Labor analysis).
- Prepare ad hoc analytical reports requested by management.
- Responsible for all GL tracking of department expenses
- Assess conditions, processes, and procedures - identifying control points and weaknesses, and associated exposures.
- Prepare formal written reports or presentations as necessary so management is kept abreast of results, drivers, systems, and the like.
- Distinguish critical and non-critical matters when determining the significance of deficiencies and implementing recommendations for improvement.
- Appraise the adequacy of corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions
- Ensure proper deliverables are achieved in an efficient and effective manner and partners with Accounting, Finance and Business Management to anticipate the needs of a dynamic business.
- Performs other duties as assigned, takes part in project-based initiatives and conducts ad hoc analysis.
Carry out any reasonable request by management of which the employee is capable of performing
None but will supervise and manage Associate Financial Analyst intern and Invoice processing contractors
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of financial management and accounting and 3 – 5 years of experience
- Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office with excellent Excel skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to define and manage to key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- Master's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in financial / accounting or related field and/or experience in IT finance
- Knowledge of financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Experience with SQL Server and database reporting
- Experience with PPM tools and methodologies