1000 Darden Center Drive Orlando, FL 32837 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Want the opportunity to apply your accounting knowledge for an established hospitality company?
*Our revolutionary partner is seeking a reliable Lease Specialist. *
Work from home flexibility (1-2 days a week) after 90 days
Excellent Benefits Package and Perks!
- Minimum of three years of experience in accounting (e.g., processing invoices and requisitions, payroll processing, vendor accounts, stop payments, journal/ledger maintenance and posting, etc.)
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits a sense of urgency, understands the importance of month-end closing deadlines
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of field and Support Center team members as well as landlords
- Strong follow-through on problem resolution
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting processes and practices
- General accounting knowledge including preparation of journal entries and understanding of balance sheet/income statement relationship
Our partner’s family of restaurants features some of the most recognizable and successful brands in full-service dining. They own and operate more than 1,800 restaurants and are proud to employ nearly 160,000 team members, making them one of the 50 largest private employers in America. Together, they create memorable experiences for more than 320 million guests annually in hundreds of communities across North America.
What you will do?
The Lease Specialist acts as liaison between our partner and landlords and is primarily responsible for remitting all payments in accordance with the lease. This role is responsible for ensuring accuracy for any accounts that fall within the Lease area of responsibility for restaurants/brands, as well as ensuring timely communication to brand finance teams of any impacts to their P&L.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize information systems and processes to remit accurate payments to landlords on a monthly basis; ensure that payments are made in accordance with the lease, and at the applicable federal / state tax rate
- Process Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations within the system, and research (e.g. review applicable lease excerpts and prior year reconciliations, and work with the legal department as needed) any costs that appear unreasonable
- Communicate with landlords directly on payment status and CAM reconciliation disputes/status.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed (AP, Tax, Legal, Asset Management) on resolution
- Identify higher-risk / higher-dollar locations with potential cost savings or credits to the Company, including aged accruals, and work directly with Lease Supervisor in pursuing
- Process one-time payments to landlords for miscellaneous expenses; ensure that costs are reasonable and in accordance with the lease, by communicating with restaurant management and/or the legal department
- Review month-end rent and CAM exceptions and prepare correcting journal entries to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Pro-actively communicate, as well as research and respond to internal inquiries, regarding P&L impacts to brand finance and restaurant management
- Prepare general ledger accounting reconciliations for accruals and misc.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships internally (Accounts Payable, Tax, Legal, Asset Management, brand Finance, restaurant management) and externally (landlords, consultants), by providing timely and accurate deliverables
What Technologies You will be Working With
- Experienced with Oracle and Discoverer, or equivalent systems & reporting tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including ability to create V-Lookups
- Proficiency with other Microsoft programs including Word and Outlook