Orlando, FL 32801
The Integration Architect is an integral member of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team that is responsible for translating business strategy into exceptionally architected IT application and solution designs to realize maximum business value, derived from enterprise IT investment, in a way that strikes the right balance between IT efficiency and business innovation.
It is the responsibility of the Integration Architect to consult with technology subject matter experts from various disciplines in IT (application, infrastructure, data/information, security, testing, etc.) to define the most effective integration solutions to business problems, while also leveraging their knowledge of existing applications and services, and the capabilities available in the marketplace. The Integration Architect will especially focus on defining and leveraging APIs as well as event driven data streams, as appropriate for solutions.
The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language.
- The skills of the integration architect include:
- Knowledge of various integration design patterns and how best to leverage them.
- Deep understanding of APIs, services, service orchestration, event driven data streams, etc.
- Understanding technology alternatives and when to apply them.
- Embracing modern architectural paradigms to maximize architectural agility.
- Establishing metrics to measure improvement.
- Validating architectural decisions to obtain accurate feedback.
- Embracing emergent architecture.
- Advocating for Agile practices to increase delivery agility.
- Increasing business domain knowledge to aid in decision-making.
- Building relationships with users to increase trust.
- Design appropriate integration solutions for projects and programs, interacting with the Enterprise, Solution, and Data Architects for the overall solution design approach.
- Design, develop, and support Business, Process, and System APIs.
- Develop OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications and provide guidance and governance over enterprise API definitions.
- Define and maintain an Integration Strategy for the Enterprise.
- Partner with Developers on the implementation of the integration designs.
- Provide hands-on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Lead and Influence
- Provide thought leadership, technical specialty, and mentorship to project teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Influence and collaborate with fellow architects on the Architecture Guidance Team (AGT) to define principles, policies, standards, frameworks, and solution guidance that enables the strategic enterprise architecture.
- Leading or assisting with technical design sessions translating business requirements, and architectural definitions, to application specific technical designs.
- Identifying and helping to remediate and adapt inconsistencies between current state application architecture and function, and Architectural Definition and Direction.
- Evaluating and recommending alternate design and development options when necessary.
- Develop and execute technical work plans with developers and architects.
- Communicate and drive common vision, practices, and capabilities across development teams.
- Focus on Strategy and Execution
- Construct technology-enabled operating models, and provide viable options and visibility into execution issues.
- Define and evolve future-state domain architecture that are both strategic and responsive to the constantly changing needs of the business, that reconcile the conflicting concerns of stakeholders, and that achieve the right balance between IT efficiency and business innovation.
- Design integration solutions that realize value with maximum reliability & availability, performance & scalability, security & compliance, manageability, data quality, and integration aspects of solution design and implementation.
- Develop and promote reference architectures for enterprise solutions.
- Consult with infrastructure, project, and product team partners to ensure alignment of the solution approach with their respective abilities to execute and manage the solution delivery and operations, ensuring consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as identifying when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Work with various business stakeholders in problem solving, creating business capabilities, and defining effective and efficient technology solutions for solving business problems and enabling business capabilities.
- Research and Understand Technology and Nontechnology Trends
- Participate in assessing innovative and existing technologies, using use rapid prototyping approaches to evaluate innovations and ensure new products and services can integrate into steady state operations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of experience in information, solution, or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience architecting and delivering solutions related to APIs, service-oriented architecture, and technology modernizations
- Good understanding and exposure to overall API-Management concepts and fundamentals
- Thorough experience in developing RESTful APIs and WSDL-based SOAP web services
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)
- General understanding of data architectures and DBMS technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of enterprise application integration (EAI), including SOA, microservices, eventing/messaging, API, open data patterns, and middleware technologies
- Experience in different platforms including web, mobile, cloud, etc.
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Master's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in information, solution, or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
- Experience working with IT service providers in an outsourced resource model
- Prior experience in a formalized enterprise architecture organization with demonstrated expertise in the following Enterprise Architecture skill sets:
- Business process design & metrics
- Business case development
- Application & services design
- Service level agreements
- IT industry standards
- Architecture principles design
- Architecture views & viewpoints
- Building block design
- Solution modeling