Global Service Desk Supervisor
14901 S. Orange Blossom Trl Orlando, FL 32837
Excellent opportunity for an accomplished Service Desk leader. Our client is looking for an energetic leader with a passion to improve service levels for the organization. This position is based in Orlando and supports an international organization. The Service Desk Supervisor will manage the Tier 1 service desk day-to-day incident and problem management team, and to coach on addressing questions from users who are having trouble or seeking advice. The primary responsibility is fast, effective customer service and fostering a customer-focused approach to problem solving within the team. The Supervisor, Global Service Center is responsible for staffing the service desk (to include on-call support), for developing skills and for motivating team members to deliver high quality and consistent support services, and to set, maintain and report on service support standards.
- Manage the company’s Tier 1 helpdesk staff, including developing skills, coaching and training of staff.
- Determine cause of issues and communicate solutions to internal and external customers.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of hardware and software.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Perform ongoing workstation maintenance, upgrades, and resource optimization.
- Manage the creation / implementation / upkeep of the Service Center Knowledge Management documentation and configuration of systems.
- Maintains accurate inventory, asset information and various other asset records in accordance with department policy and procedures.
- Develop and maintain workflow automations.
- Understand and adhere to ITIL best practices in transforming the IDT department to a center of excellence. Write, update evaluate, adhere to and enforce policies and procedures.
- Accountable for adhering to and the reporting of the service center KPI’s and metrics.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Provide adhoc technical and service center customer-focused training to end-users as occasionally required.
- Maintain a professional, energetic, customer-focused environment within the team.
- Serve as an after-hours, on-call support representative in taking calls, reviewing logs, triaging for action, and pushing Severity 1 and Severity 2 issues to the appropriate support team, high priority and executive support.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years of progressive Service Desk or IT Services leadership.
- Ability to provide support via phone, web chat, and remote access as well as in person.
- CompTia A+ Certification
- Experience with other Microsoft O365 products like Teams, Yammer, Project online, Flow, Video, etc. is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory is expected
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access expected
- ITIL v3 Foundations, preferred