800 N. Orange Avenue Orlando, FL 32801
TEWS Company is looking for a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT to join a growing, commercial real estate firm in the Orlando area. This is a third-generation family office with multiple entities. 100% of health insurance is covered! The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Financial Reporting - Prepare annual and monthly financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement. Prepare income tax worksheets and assist in income tax preparation.
- Budgeting– Produce annual budget work papers and update large MS Excel file with budget amounts by month and cost center. Assist with work papers forecasting next year’s income and net cash flow.
- Bookkeeping – Prepare bank deposits for payments received from tenants and other sources and post in cash receipts journal and make trips to bank for deposits. Receive monthly bank statements, prepare bank reconciliations, and research and correct any discrepancies. Prepare weekly cash report and provide to managers.
- Sales tax preparation and reporting for monthly filing with Fl Dept. Revenue.
- Payroll & Payroll Tax Reporting –Run biweekly payroll and pay/file timely deposits for FICA and F/H. File 940’s, 941’s, UTC-6, Forms W-2 & W-3. Issue Forms 1099 to independent contractors.
- Accounts Receivable – Receive, deposit and record rental income. Monitor accounts receivable to ensure timely receipt of all rental income and other receivables.
- Accounts Payable-Receive and check invoices for accurate extensions and post to appropriate general ledger account. Pay vendor invoices on the 10th, 20th, and end of month. Monitor cash flow. Handle communication with vendors
- Record Retention- File, Scan & Store Data accordingly.
- Order office supplies and answer/reroute phone calls to appropriate person.
- 3-5 years of experience (understanding of accounting principles, accrual and cash-basis accounting)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Must maintain confidentiality of company information and demonstrate a high level of personal integrity. Have ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred combined with sustained experience. Certification by American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers a plus.
- Advanced accounting software training and experience preferred. Experience with Sage 50 Premium Accounting (Peachtree) or Yardi preferred with strong data entry skills.
- Experience in designing financial reports a plus.
- Sustained experience with Microsoft Office
- Required to be a Notary Public
SALARY: $53,000 - $58,000
BENEFITS (once permanent employee):
- Health, Dental and Eye Insurance - 100% of health insurance is covered!
- PTO and Sick Days
- AND MUCH MORE!!!!