Fixed Asset Specialist
1000 Darden Center Drive Orlando, FL 32837
Tews has partnered with a dynamic group with one of the coolest office spaces in town! This is your chance to get your foot in the door with an exciting company on a 6-month contract assignment.
Under general supervision, this role is responsible for the processing and reviewing of fixed assets for restaurant locations. This individual will apply fixed asset polices and capitalization guidelines during review of invoices and construction documents.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, process, and record fixed assets associated with existing locations.
- Interpret and apply fixed asset policies and capitalization guidelines during the review of invoices and construction documents
- Process asset retirements
- Review repair and maintenance accounts for items that can be capitalized monthly
- Scan and index documents
- Assist in preparing and processing accrual journal entries to record depreciation estimates for assets which have not yet been booked
- Work on other special projects as needed
Tews offers healthcare benefits to contract employees after 90 days of employment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- High volume transaction processing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experienced with Oracle and Discoverer, or equivalent systems & reporting tools
- General accounting knowledge including preparation of journal entries and understanding of balance sheet/income statement relationship
- Minimum of one year of experience in accounting (e.g., processing invoices and requisitions, payroll processing, vendor accounts, stop payments, journal/ledger maintenance and posting, etc.) or one year of experience in analytical and reconciliation preparation accounting
- Hospitality industry experience
- Ability to create V-Lookups
- Associate or undergraduate degree in Accounting preferred