Orlando, FL 32801
TEWS is currently recruiting for two ETL Developers for a client based in Orlando.The ETL Developer will build data pipelines to support Data Warehouse and Data Lake systems. They will collaborate with data architects and business intelligence developers to ensure that solutions are optimally designed and supported.
- The responsibilities for the ETL Developer include:
- Builds data pipelines using ETL tools and SQL code.
- Designs ETL jobs using incremental load patterns, using technologies like Change Data Capture (CDC) or Change Tracking.
- Responsible for on-going maintenance and performance of data pipelines.
- Works with business intelligence developers to ensure that reports are correct and performing optimally.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of the solution, handling requests that may require index creation or ETL job modification.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Familiarity with various relational and non-relational database management systems, especially SQL Server.
- Architectural understanding of how data lakes work, and their place in an operating platform model.
- Strong understanding of Kimball Methodology for data warehouse design.
- Able to work in various delivery methodologies (Agile – Scrum/SAFe, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.).
- Ability to read, interpret, analyze, and communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated capabilities of managing complex efforts that require velocity and adaptability.
- Entity Relationship modeling, metadata systems, data quality tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with UML (Use case and class models).
- Hands-on knowledge of star and snowflake schemas and their implementation.
- Knowledge of data integration patterns across various functions of the enterprise.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in data-centric role
- 2+ years of experience working with ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage, Talend
- 2+ years of experience working with data marts or data warehouses
- 1+ years of experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, or SSRS
- Experience with database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, …)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate independently to architect complex solutions
- Experience in an Agile delivery model
- Experience working with IT service providers in an outsourced resource model is a plus