Director of Information Technology
200 S. Orange Avenue, Suite 2700 Orlando, FL 32801
TEWS has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Information Technology for our client based in Orlando. The IT Director will oversee all aspects of the organization’s IT platform to ensure that the organization’s technology needs are effectively and efficiently met. This includes but is not limited to network infrastructure, the financial ERP system, email, data security, backup and recoverability, as well as user training and support. This role will oversee and manage relationships with the organization’s third-party external service providers who assist in the delivery of these objectives. This role has a high level of involvement and interaction with the organization’s executive team in identifying, developing and implementing strategic IT initiatives.
We are looking for someone with strategic vision and a hands on approach. A strong background in network operations and financial ERP systems is desired. In addition:
- Experience with establishing/monitoring internal controls, documentation and change management.
- Exposure and experience with Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Experience planning and leading system upgrade projects.
- Experience managing third party service providers.
- Oversight of the organization’s IT function to ensure that appropriate systems are available and functioning appropriately to meet the needs of the organization.
- Oversight of the organization’s JD Edwards platform including coordinating support with outside vendor for CNC, maintenance and other support. Work closely with user community to ensure needs are met and identify practical solutions to their needs.
- Responsible for oversight of operational day-to-day tasks including in-house help desk supplemented by an outside vendor.
- Monitor and ensure system security, back up and redundancy.
- Adhere to and enforce appropriate internal controls, strategies and governance, including SOX audit support, compliance and security.
- Manage and evaluate ongoing third-party vendor performance ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery.
- Oversee procurement of equipment for company infrastructure and user community.
- Maintain telephone and internet connectivity.
- Work with the Executive IT Steering Committee to set direction and to identify and implement future IT initiatives and maintain the organization’s long-term IT strategic plan.
- Maintain and update corporate IT policies and adhere to ‘best practices’ while providing hands-on coverage
- Develop and manage the organization’s IT budget.
- Coordinate user training efforts specific to information technology.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates highest standards of personal and professional integrity, adheres to company’s policies and procedures, and complies with applicable laws, government rules and regulations.
- Manage two primary third-party service providers as well as other third-party vendors.
Experience & Required Skills:
- 10+ years of prior professional experience in the Information Technology space.
- Experience analyzing, designing and developing business applications with a thorough understanding of basic system implementation and operating concepts.
- General familiarity with technical concepts including Enterprise Application Administration, Networking, Data Integration and Telephony Platforms.
- Experience with an ERP system, JD Edwards preferred.
- General familiarity and understanding of accounting concepts and processes.
- Experience with designing processes and systems with strong internal control procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) governance requirements for IT.
- Experience identifying enterprise level issues and determining root cause through a consistent, logical incident management approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills and presenting ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with business clients, customers and vendors and cooperatively with a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to create and follow project plans and track tasks while prioritizing competing demands.
- Ability to work flexible technical services schedules and be available for occasional special projects (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Ability to remotely monitor technical services queues/emails during “off-hours” (nights, weekends, and holidays) and address urgent issues as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management Information Systems.