Destination & Event Planner
6277 Sea Habor Drive Orlando, FL 32821
Our client is looking for a Destination & Event Planning Extraordinaire to assist with the production of events from conception through execution. This individual will be responsible assisting with event conception, planning, on-site coordination and budget tracking. This will also include destination research, site selection, air & ground transportation coordination, housing coordination, menu & décor planning and gift research and coordination. The role should be provision in registration software and would assist with developing and overseeing the event registration process.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Event Logistics: Responsibility includes booking Air/Ground transportation for event attendees. Managing manifests with travel department and local Destination Management Company. Assist with organizing in-destination group activities (site research, on-site changes). Assist with off-site dinner venue research. Work closely with Director on budget management for each event. Assist with planning Incentive Trips, including destination research, site selection and on-site execution
- Hotel / Venue Logistics: Hotel housing coordination, F&B, Décor, Gift room drop logistics, on-site hospitality and individual meeting needs
- Event Software: Responsible for maintaining event registration websites, including designing, reporting. Responsible for providing reporting updates on attendees to team and management Event App: Provide content, coordination and push notifications.
- Communications: Assist with designing and coordinating printed event materials. Coordinate individual and Corporate Event master event time lines. Create post event surveys and send out in a timely manner.
- Production: Responsible for assisting with event Run of Show, Audio visual ordering and liaison with outside production vendors.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent time management and communication skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadline
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team
- Must be able to establish solid business relationships with key stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to create AMAZING event experiences while staying within budget and meeting expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with audiences at all levels; manage upward
- Problem solving, ability to identify issues and find reasonable solutions
- Travel both domestic and international, extended work hours and flexible schedule required
- 40% travel required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Cvent, Social Media Platforms
- 3 – 5 Years industry-related experience with a blend of corporate and hotel event planning in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage events of up to $1M
- Previous incentive event and recognition experience in a sales organization
SALARY RANGE: $45,000-55,000
BENEFITS: Excellent Total Rewards Package