Orlando, FL 32801
Come join our client's dynamic data-centric team as a Data Analyst. This role will be a part of the Business Analysis team.supporting the Data Architecture and Business Intelligence teams for the organization.The positions primary purpose is to ensure that the organization's data and analytics capabilities are fulfilling the needs of different business partners. The Data Analyst will support efforts including master data management, data integration, reporting and analytics, and data quality.
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
- 2-4 years of business analysis experience
- 1-2 years of experience in data-centric role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with data in visualization, reporting, analysis, etc.
- Ability to relate data and architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Experience with database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience with the Office suite of tools
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, or similar
- Familiarity with Dashboarding tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, or similar
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools, and model repositories
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
- 3+ years of experience in data centric role preferred
- Experience working with IT service providers in an outsourced resource model preferred
- Work with stakeholders to define specific data, reporting, and analytics requirements.
- Document business processes and how data is used to drive process or decisions.
- Understand where data, reporting, and analytics tie into the business processes.
- Guide business units to consolidate reports to simplify processes.
- Influence business units to work with an existing modernized data platform and standard tools, directing partners away from relying on legacy systems.
- Communicate to Data Architecture the capability gaps that prohibit transitioning to modern systems.
- Demonstrate to business partners the capabilities of the system by providing proofs of concept as needed.
- Utilize reporting tools, dashboards, and Excel to demonstrate capabilities.
- Research and understand existing data sets and relationships, documenting with appropriate models and data flow diagrams.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with QA as necessary.
- Processing confidential data and information according to legal and compliance guidelines.
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Assessing tests related to data aspects of new software projects.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Maintain data dictionary for database systems.
- Supports initiatives for ensuring data quality.
- Ability to work independently with business partners to elicit requirements
- Ability to create and execute SQL queries to retrieve, analyze, or assess data
- Highly skilled in various methodologies (Agile – Scrum/SAFe, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.)
- Ability to read, interpret, analyze, and communicate effectively verbally and in written form
- Strong communication, facilitation, collaboration, and organization skills
- Highly capable of managing customer expectations and building relationships
- High ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated capabilities of managing complex efforts that require velocity and adaptability
- Experienced in developing process maps, models, and diagrams
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience