Corporate Director of Human Resources
7576 Kingspointe Pkwy Suite #188 Orlando, FL 32819
We are currently searching for a CORPORATE DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES to become an important part of the senior team at the world headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
This is an opportunity for a strategically tactical HR Pro to come in and partner with senior leadership and field HR representatives to drive human resource initiatives.
The company has approximately 1,100 employees in the U.S., including both salaried and hourly staff. The Director works out of the corporate headquarters in Orlando and is the lead HR person supporting the entire organization and directly supporting 500 to 600 employees spread over 13 sites (including corporate). This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the company and liaises with a team of 7 Human Resources professionals in the US and Canada.
This position encompasses a wide variety of human resources functions, including:
- Payroll and Benefits administration and plan design
- Retirement plans (401(k) and defined benefit pension plan)
- Recruiting and retention
- Training and development
- Employee Engagement/Recognition programs/incentives
- Succession Planning/Building bench strength
- Workers’ compensation
- J-1 student visa program
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- The ideal candidate has strategic capabilities and is willing to be hands-on.
- Basic understanding of retail environments and guest experience as this company operates 365 days per year
- 10+ years of HR leadership experience
- Knowledge of and experience with payroll and benefits (this role is the liaison between accounting and Payroll, which is housed in HR. Must have a good understanding of reconciliations as they relate to benefits and payroll).
- Demonstrated ability to lead an HR department at a growing company with multiple locations in a variety of states and countries (600 employees and 13 sites)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including an outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to be creative with time and energy
- Travel to sites in the US and Canada will be required (approximately 30%); There will be much heavier travel in their first year as they will be visiting all the sites