orlando, FL 32801
TEWS Company is seeking an eager and driven Controller, looking to pave their own way into a CFO position.
Running two separate companies in the telecommunications industry, our client designs, organizes and supports enterprise communications and advanced IT solutions. Their focus is to offer strategic advisory services for businesses in the commercial, government and federal space.
- Regularly produce financial reports for both companies in the portfolio
- Communicate with management to obtain information necessary for accurate reporting
- Process and maintain records of company transactions, accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations
- Prepares special/ad-hoc reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting internal audits; providing information to CEO.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by maintaining appropriate bank balances
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by understanding existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Previous experience in accounting or finance management for $50 million company
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting practices (GAAP)
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform month-end and year-end financials for two individual companies plus consolidated entity
- Strong ability to scale an organization
- Ability to manage (3 Direct Reports: 2 Local, 1 out of state)
- Strong QuickBooks experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cost accounting as it relates to working with government/federal (may need to build a cost model if audited)
- DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency)
Salary: $0 - $0