941 West Morse Boulevard, Suite 130 Winter Park, FL 32789
Have a passion for real estate private equity? Now is your chance to join a developing and growing company in the Winter Park area. We are partnered with a strategic company in need of a Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
SALARY: $100,000 - $125,000
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- 10+ years of experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller
- Thorough understanding of GAAP standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes
- Strong QuickBooks and Excel skills
- Operations mindset or experience
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- CPA designation
- Experience in one of the following industries as it relates to investments: Investment Management, Real Estate, Development, Audit and Banking
The Controller will be responsible for spearheading certain strategic matters as well as overseeing the firm’s day-to-day accounting activities, as performed by in-house bookkeeper. More specifically, the Controller will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate preparation of internal monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including trailing and forward-looking operating and cash flow statements reflecting the performance and its affiliated entities.
- Timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual GAAP compliant financial statements managed investment vehicles for delivery to investors.
- Oversight of the general ledger and related bookkeeping activities (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoice payment).
- Coordination with, and delivery of information to, tax preparer and auditor, as well as to regulatory agencies, as applicable.
- Creation and management of report generation and communication processes vis-à-vis investors (e.g., the delivery of standard reports and tax material, the timely response to investors’ inquiries and requests for additional information).
- Execution of specific projects and duties as assigned (e.g., cost and cash management analysis).
The responsibilities listed above will require the Controller to take an active interest in all facets of operations so as to gain a high “Company IQ” and understand matters pertinent to investments and investors (e.g., fund structures, tax treatments).
- Health, Eye and Dental Insurance
- Accrue PTO
- IRA and 3% matching
- AND MUCH MORE!