Cash Application Specialist
4205 Vineland Road Suite L1 Orlando, FL 32811
Tews Company has a contract-to-hire opening for a Cash Application Specialist near the Mall at Millenia.
This position is located in the corporate office of our client located in Orlando. The Cash Application Specialist is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate application of payments to customer accounts. The Cash Application Coordinator researches unidentified payments and works closely with customers as discrepancies arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, review, research, and post cash receipts to the correct account and invoice timely and accurately; Enter payments to spreadsheet and to company systems as required;
- Balance daily cash receipt files to lockbox totals to ensure completeness;
- Process credit card charges and post transactions to company system; Verify credit card receipts to the original record or request;
- Respond to client inquiries, investigate with proper parties, and make adjustments to accounts as required; Interact with internal departments or billing pharmacies to resolve issues and discrepancies regarding application of payments or outstanding balances;
- Monitor and review reports relating to accounts receivable to research necessary information to ensure that receipts are accurately applied to customer accounts;
- Review the aging to ensure unapplied cash is researched and properly applied to the customer account; Contact customer to address unapplied cash when account is current; Communicate to the Collections team unapplied cash on customers with past due balances; Initiate refund paperwork as needed;
- Provide administrative support to Accounting department as required;
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements; Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies;
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in business or similar field preferred;
- Three + years’ experience in Accounts Receivable or Administrative capacity required;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong organizational skills along with effective time management skills;
- Strong detail orientation and multi-task skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer focused; team oriented.