189 S Orange Ave Suite 1700 Orlando, FL 32801
Here is your chance to work with a team that enjoys innovative idea, quality design and service. Tews Company is partnered with a quality architectural design company in need of a Billing Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis!
SALARY: $40,000 - $45,000
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- 2-3 years of professional services billing
- Ability to read and understand contracts
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, motivated, ability to work well with teams, professional appearance and attitude
- Works well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Experience with bank recs, journal entries and collections
- Ability to respond to multi-task job schedule for daily routine, and work with a team approach to accomplish project work
- Proficient in Excel, prior experience with Deltek Vision/Ajera software preferred
This position reports to the Controller and is responsible for providing assistance with project related accounting primarily for billings, collections, management reports, and accounts payable. Must possess ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Carries out duties according to the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Essential Job Functions:
I. Project Maintenance and Reporting
- Accurate maintenance of projects, including set up, enter contract amounts, monitor budget and contract, consultant contracts, add services, billing adjustments, consultant amounts, and allocation of billing and cash receipts among fees, consultants, and expenses,
- Understand contract terms at is it relates to fee management and maintain organized project contract files;
- Monitor project status and change when necessary;
- Monitor profitability of projects and collection of accounts, share important information with Practice Leaders and Project Managers on status of work, billings, and collections by utilizing dashboards, inquiries, reports;
- Comply with all reasonable requests for information or meeting participation needed by the Practice Leaders and Project Managers to assist them in understanding and managing projects;
- Assign project numbers for all new projects while maintaining a list of project numbers issued to date; and
- Create project folders in Orlando and Tampa drives as well as set up new projects in New Forma.
II. Accounts Receivable and Collections
- Prepare accurate monthly client billings, maintain billing folders, complete forms necessary to complete specific client requirements. Work closely with assigned Practice Leaders to ensure accurate and consistent billing and financial reporting;
- Review project labor and expense charges with Practice Leaders for accuracy and appropriateness;
- Monitor account receivable and assist Practice Leaders with collection effort; and
- Report back on action-items assigned by management.
III. Accounts Payable
- Maintain vendor files in Ajera, request W9 from vendors/consultants when setting up vendor files;
- Process AP Consultant invoices in Ajera for project maintenance and billings;
- Properly file posted invoices in the appropriate areas;
- Maintain a good relationship with consultants and work with them to ensure invoices are sent to client in a timely manner and the billed amount matches contract amounts and percent complete;
- Accumulate reimbursable expense invoices, make copies of all reimbursable invoices when necessary; and
- Process expense reports.
- Communicate with Controller and CFO on issues that affect overall profitability or compliance with company policies and procedures; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller and CFO
BENEFITS (once perm):
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- PTO and Sick Days
- Much MORE!!!
Apply today for immediate consideration!!