500 East Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 32803
This is a full-time, permanent position with office hours Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm.
Starting annual salary is $45,000
Comprehensive Benefits Package is included:
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, 8 paid holidays, generous PTO and MORE!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities needed:
Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an HR Dept., supporting benefits and retirement plans.
Proficiency with MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Administrative experience a must
Will work out of the Orlando office but will make day trips to Tampa
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, flexible spending plan, wellness plan and 401(k) retirement plan).
This position provides excellent customer service and quality benefits plans, investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration, as well as designs employee benefits plans and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & TASKS
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value. Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes. Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.