Associate Financial Analyst
6355 Metro West Blvd Suite 180 Orlando, FL 32835
Tews company is seeking an Associate Financial Analyst for a well-known client in Orlando! This is a long-term contract opportunity that will last approximately 6 months, and possibly longer!
The Associate FA will assist the IT Finance department in designing and maintaining financial reports and tracking financial and operational metrics across IT Departments. Works with all levels of the IT Management Team including Analysts, Managers, Directors, as well as Corporate Leadership, to promote an efficient means of tracking and analyzing business operations.
- Audit, code and submit invoices to Accounts Payable Department.
- Utilize various systems such as PeopleSoft / Oracle and Hyperion to assist in driving, implementing and creating new report systems to provide more accurate and timely tracking methods for reporting financial and operational data for Corporate Departments.
- Revise, update and run various General Ledger system generated reports.
- Track and ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner and communicate any discrepancies to Management.
- Reconcile master accounts as applicable and communicate with vendors as needed to assist in resolving discrepancies.
- Compile and maintain information on a monthly basis to prepare departmental forecasts.
- Create and maintain reports to track necessary information for the preparation of Budgets and Forecast.
- Research Forecast and Budget variances and work with Accounting partners to provide variance explanations.
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested by Leadership and Business Management Team Members.
- Monitor expense reports to ensure expenses are recorded to departments and accounts as per budget and forecast.
- Carries out all reasonable requests by management of which the team member is capable of performing.
- Appear organized and disciplined with professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be capable of adapting to a dynamic and constantly changing environment and possess a sense of urgency.
- Exhibit intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications, Hyperion and PeopleSoft / Oracle.
- Advanced Excel skills (v look-ups, pivot tables, and formulas. For example, they may do a GL query and thousands of lines may come up in the query. They will analyze this data and use formulas to remove duplications and make the data easier to analyze
- 1-3 years of experience (Open to recent grads!)
- Project and time management skills
- PeopleSoft experience (preferred)
- Oracle experience (preferred)
- Hours: Full-time, M-F 8am to 5pm
- Health benefits are offered to employees for this opportunity
- Competitive compensation package