Associate Controller - Interim
4000 Central Florida Blvd Orlando, FL 32816
Tews has partnered with a local University to find an Interim Associate Controller. This opportunity has potential to become permanent for the right candidate and will be eligible for healthcare benefits after 90 days.
Immediate Need - Apply Today!
- Financial Reporting
- Cash Management
- General Accounting
- General Ledger activity, maintenance & reconciliations
- Fiscal year end and monthly general ledger closings
- Review monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statement analysis
- Ensure the integrity of financial records and quality of financial data
- Develop, prepare, and review internal financial reports for executive management and Board of Trustees
- Property and Inventory Control
- Reports to the University Controller
Additional Duties and Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive background in GAAP basis financial statement reporting.
- Review of complex reconciliations and financial statement disclosures including pension liabilities, other post-employment liabilities, investments, scholarship allowances, eliminations, direct method cash flows, appropriate classifications of restricted versus unrestricted, and functional classification of expenses.
- Direct supervision of Assistant Controllers. Indirect supervision of approximately 13-17 staff accountants.
- Preparation and review of numerous ad hoc data and reporting requests. Includes querying from PeopleSoft Financials, summarization for senior management or external parties, and review of regular external financial data/reporting requests
- Coordination and review of financial reporting for the University’s Board of Trustees
- Supervision and review of daily cash management and bank reconciliation functions
- Supervision and review of investment accounting
- Supervision of capital asset and construction accounting
- Supervision and participating in General Accounting’s role in payroll related processes
- Supervision of the monthly financial close process
- Review and posting of journals
- Supervision and assistance with planning, communications and processes related to fiscal year-end close
Apply today for immediate consideration!!