Application Development Manager
631 W Morse Blvd Winter Park, FL 32789
TEWS has an exciting opportunity for an Application Development Manager for our client based in Orlando. Come join this collaborative team. Excellent company culture and benefits. This role manages a team of analysts and developers responsible for the organization's application, development and analysis function. This Manager evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects, resources, and monitors project timelines. This Manager oversees feasibility research, estimates project timelines and manages cost. This position combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth hands-on technical expertise. This Manager is responsible for appropriate staffing, staff management, performance management, and continuous service improvement as well as ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and are adhering to approved budgets.
- Provide oversight and management to the IT Application and Development team to deliver IT services.
- Sets and measures performance objectives and provides regular on-on-one feedback to all members of the team
- Hires and evaluates the performance of direct reports, and provides ongoing coaching and staff development.
- Addresses individual staff performance problems as needed
- Manages delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for assigned applications.
- Works closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration in the healthcare industry.
- Serves as an internal consultant to the other IT management staff and operations community as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience required.
- 5 years experience in application administration and development as an individual contributor
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- A working knowledge ASP.NET, VB.NET and/or C#, and Transact-SQL.
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines; e.g., software applications and interfaces, production operations, quality assurance and systems management, etc.
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant and concise form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, in writing, and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate.
- PMP, AGILE and ITIL foundations preferred.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Can deal and present comfortably with more senior managers
- Can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and resonding to their needs
- Can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others
- Faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly
- Is not afraid to take the negative action when necessary.
- Knows how to organize people and activities
- Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
- Knows what to measure and how to measure it
- Can simplify complex processes
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and anticipates/adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Sets objectives and goals to measure results
- Breaks down work into the process steps
- Develops schedules and task/people assignments
- Learns quickly when facing new problems
- Experiments and will try anything to find solutions
- Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar talks
- Enjoys working hard
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
- Seizes more opportunities than others.