Accounts Receivable Specialist (LTT 9-12 mo.)
12424 Research Parkway Suite 300 Orlando, FL 32826
Are you an experienced in invoicing and collections? We are partnered with a leading education system in need of an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their team in the Orlando Florida area on a contract basis (9 to 12 months).
30+ Hours per week – flexible schedule (needs to work at least 3 days)
PAY RATE: $18 to $20 an hour
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- 1 to 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Invoicing and collections experience
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance preferred
This position will be part of the team responsible for the invoicing and collection of federal, state, and private funding from research contracts and grants awarded to the school system. The successful candidate will have an interactive nature; ability to multi-task; strong analytical and problem solving capabilities; attention to detail; and excellent organizational abilities.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Prepare accurate invoices in a timely manner and in compliance with contractual terms
- Update accounts receivable database regularly with invoices generated and collected
- Monitor unbilled and uncollected receivables balances on a regular basis
- Collect outstanding receivables
- Liaise with research and compliance professionals on contract billing issues
- Maintain positive relationships and good customer service with external agencies and university departments
- Support implementation of controls that ensure timely invoicing and collections and accurate financial reporting
- Assist in reconciling AR sub ledger to the general ledger
- Prepare journal entries
- Closeout research contracts and grants
- Maintain documentation and perform project analyses as needed to support collection efforts
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- Health Benefits
- PTO and sick policy
- And MUCH MORE!!!
Apply today for immediate consideration!