Accounts Payable Specialist
210 Park Avenue North Winter Park, FL 32789
Have high volume accounts payable experience? Ready for a change? Tews Company is partnered with a leading hospitality company in need of an Accounts Payable Specialist on a temporary or temporary to hire basis.
Monday-Friday 8-5pm with flexibility (must be there by 10am); 30 minute or 1 hour lunch
$15-19 per hour based on skillset
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience processing accounts payable
- High volume processing experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Previous experience in an accounting role within the restaurant or hospitality industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience processing accounts payable for a multi-location company.
The Accounts Payable Administrator (A/P) is responsible for accurately processing accounts payable data, communicating the status of the AP function with leadership, obtaining approvals, and processing payments.
- Review invoices for accuracy, research and resolve any discrepancies and match with corresponding purchase orders and/or receipts.
- Process invoices received; review G/L account number coding and obtain approvals for payment from corresponding departments.
- Set up invoices for payment.
- Set-up payment adjustments including vendor credits.
- Prepare periodic journal entries for re-classes and allocations.
- Prepare and review A/P aging report, communicate total check runs to assess cash needs, and obtain approvals on weekly check runs.
- Issue approved weekly checks, ACH payments, and wire transfers; print approved check runs, postmark and mail checks weekly.
- Monitor accounts against vendor statements to ensure payments were received and on time.
- Communicate with vendors as needed, including vendor inquiries. Research and resolve errors, discrepancies, and past dues; void checks and issue stop-payment requests when needed.
- Maintain recurring payment system and track recurring invoices to avoid past due, late payments, and associated fees.
- Process and review month-end reports in preparation for reconciliation.
- Manage W-9 process for requests and receipt of W-9s; maintain vendor set-ups, and enter new or updated vendor names and data in the system.
- Prepare and generate 1099s for distribution.
- Assist with monthly financial and inventory reporting; prepare reports and provide documentation for annual audit.
- File invoices and other perform administrative functions related to accounts payable.
- Health Benefits
- PTO and sick policy
- And MUCH MORE!!!
Apply today for immediate consideration! Also, visit jobs.tewscompany.com for more accounting and finance positions.