1000 Darden Center Drive Orlando, FL 32837 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Want the opportunity to apply your accounting knowledge for an established hospitality company?
*Our revolutionary partner is seeking a self-motivated Accounting Analyst.*
Work from home flexibility
$50-$52k, depending on experience
On-site Wellness and Fitness Centers
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a high-volume workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency, understands the importance of month-end closing deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our partner’s family of restaurants features some of the most recognizable and successful brands in full-service dining. They own and operate more than 1,800 restaurants and are proud to employ nearly 160,000 team members, making them one of the 50 largest private employers in America. Together, they create memorable experiences for more than 320 million guests annually in hundreds of communities across North America.
What you will do?
Under general supervision, this role is responsible for coordinating and reviewing fixed assets for the restaurant and administrative locations. This individual will apply fixed asset polices and capitalization guidelines during review of invoices and in answering questions from Brand Finance, IT and other departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in maintaining relevant policies and guideline as well as communicating any changes to team members.
- Review, process, and record fixed assets associated with existing restaurants, reclassing invoices, and process asset retirements (as needed).
- Interpret and apply fixed asset policies and capitalization guidelines during the review of invoices and construction documents.
- Lead in training new team members.
- Perform monthly audits over existing restaurants CIP lines booked by team members to identify and correct any errors impacting the financial statements.
- Prepare and process accrual journal entries to record depreciation/retirement estimates for assets which have not yet been booked, unmatched Purchase Orders, and invoices placed in service but not yet booked, and review month-end depreciation reports.
- Coordinate with Lease Accounting team to appropriately account for lease end date changes.
- Coordinate with Brand Finance, IT, and other departments to allocate expenditures, record assets as projects are executed operationally and accurately capture/record IT rollouts and Brand Initiatives.
- Coordinate with Brand Design to accurately capture/record and allocate Prototype costs to the appropriate restaurants.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for certain accounts and transferred assets.
- Perform administrative tasks such as rolling forward month end checklist, updating productivity and preparing aging reports.
What Technologies You will be Working With
- Excel, specifically creating V-Lookups and Pivot Tables