2251 Lynx Ln, Suite 5 Orlando, FL 32804
Tews Company is currently working with a client on an AR Specialist opportunity! This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with a growing company in the Downtown Orlando area.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for all customer invoicing, collections, and communication within a divisional finance department by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain customer accounts in operations and finance systems
- Review billing terms to ensure appropriateness
- Evaluate credit-worthiness of new customers and recommend granting of credit and credit limits
- Obtain approval for billings from department heads as required
- Enter customer billing data
- Process, prepare and distribute weekly and monthly invoices to customers on multiple billing cycles
- Apply payments to customer accounts, promptly research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Confer with departmental representatives to resolve problematic situations regarding customer accounts
- Handle customer communications and collections
- Process and distribute customer statements and dunning letters
- Notify management of past due accounts
- Review GL distribution on billings to ensure accuracy
- Balance billing postings to the general ledger
- Provide information for the external audit
- Notify Billing & AR Supervisor of any unclaimed property
- Independently identify problem areas and take remedial action
- Respond to requests for information from management
- Process and distribute standard reports to management
- Support continuous process improvement initiatives
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with Company policies, procedures and safety practices
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skill set.
- Must be detail oriented and able to accurately process accounting transactions.
- Ability to establish a high level of credibility in the organization. Confidentiality and discretion is essential.
- Solid understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment individually or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting or related Business degree. MA/BS preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Two-more years experience in the Accounting field with emphasis on billing and collections.
Currently Accepting Resumes/Applications!