Vice President of Information Technology
17469 West Colonial Drive Orlando, Florida 34787 | Direct Hire
Tews Company is looking for an experienced Information Technology executive for a client based in Orlando. Our client is looking for a strategic but hands on leader to work with the organization to best utilize technology to advance the business. This leader will provide vision, strategy and direction for the organization’s technology needs. Provides information management services for the company to maximize the effectiveness of data collections, processing and reporting. Defines and solves user requirements and develops and implements hardware and software applications and solutions. Determines build versus buy options for system’s needs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven track record managing/leading Information Technology Projects
- ERP implementation and/or upgrade experience (preferably JD Edwards)
- Strong Infrastructure Background
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors
- Prior experience as a VP of IT or CIO
- Designs, develops and implements comprehensive information systems to ensure end users’ requirements are met and data is managed according to company specifications and requirements.
- Defines the IT architecture current and future state.
- Defines user information requirements by conferring with users and analyzing functions and business process flows.
- Recommends and develops or implements off the shelf computer-based business solutions
- Determines integration and support needs for new systems.
- Prepares and maintains technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure. Responsible for company disaster recovery plan.
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases. Negotiates with vendors on behalf of the company in conjunction with senior leadership.
- Recommends and implements software upgrades to existing systems to keep technology current and meet ongoing business needs.
- Ensures hardware and software is maintained and data is secure through proper back-ups and staff training.
- Ensures security best practices for IT are being met and implemented within the IT infrastructure.
- Ensures controls within and across systems are in place and are adequately evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Manages IS budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or related field.
- 7 – 10 years previous experience in Microsoft environment.
- Must have good communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Requires good organizational skills to include the ability to effectively manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and complete assignments within expected time frames.
- Demonstrated competencies in understanding and diagnosing hardware issues.
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft Desktop and Server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange messaging systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Experience with data management.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment