500 East Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 32803
TEWS has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator. This is a full-time position based in Orlando. The Systems Administrator handles technical services work involving the support and operation of the Corporate IT environment. Specialization in but not limited to Microsoft Systems Administration. Assist with security related items and network infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shared responsibility as initial contact for any IT related issues.
- Analysis and debugging of complex technical issues.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Responsible for the maintenance, training, security, user support and operation of assigned applications.
- Provide phone and in person support.
- Perform analytical and administrative work regarding the installation of new and the upgrade/maintenance of existing systems, including hardware and software.
- Assist in the administration of: Windows Desktops/Servers, Hyper-V Cluster, Nimble Storage, SharePoint, SQL, Exchange, IIS, Active Directory, Citrix XenApp/Netscaler, Symantec SEP, Backup Exec, Cisco Wireless/Switching/ASA Telephone Systems and WAN connections.
- Assist with the implementation of comprehensive security systems for the protection of company and client data in accordance with HIPAA, PCI, state and federal regulations.
- Install and maintain cable plant.
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Log and track system problems through to resolution.
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and training related materials for users.
- Assist with staff training of IT systems and software.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT hardware and software.
- Assist with data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Upon approval, purchase necessary systems, parts, and supplies.
- Stay current with industry trends and opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to all information being processed, stored or accessed on the organizations’s systems / network.
- As needed, travel to additional company facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities may require periodic evening and weekend availability.
- Work effectively with both staff and managers.
- Communicate effectively to staff regarding computer advice and support.
- Manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously.
- Participation in IT continual education program.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current windows server and desktop technologies.
- Prior experience supporting, implementing and/or administering networks and related systems. Specifically: Windows and Cisco
- Work under pressure effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Handle highly confidential information/material appropriately.
- Education/Training (including vocation, Jr. College, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience/licenses/certifications needed. If experience can be substituted for education, please specify number of years and type:
- Experience (over 3 years) and Associates degree may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years of System Administration experience
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion
- Experience supporting Microsoft technologies
- Experience supporting networking technologies
- Knowledge and experience with security operations and compliance
- Ability to develop and deliver technical design
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license required.
Desirable work experience, qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience with:
- Cisco firewalls, switches, wireless is
- MS Hyper-V Clusters, MS System Center, Citrix XenApp
- Relevant vendor certification or tertiary certifications