Tews has an excellent opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our client based in Orlando. The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and daily maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing infrastructure and systems innovation while adhering to organizational standards and policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for diagnostics, troubleshooting, and incident resolution for information systems, to minimize down time and maximize performance of services, applications, and operational processes. Incumbent is required to be adept in IT activities and to recognize, identify, diagnose and isolate problems with computer hardware and software, based on ITIL best practices.
- Ensure server applications and infrastructure are maintained within agreed policy and that proper maintenance is performed to minimize any IT related risks or issues for the business.
- Follow established processes, policies, and procedures for all systems administration and formal change management functions.
- Complete projects on time and provide regular status updates as needed.
- Responsible for escalated incident resolution within defined SLA parameters while providing the highest possible level of customer service.
- Adheres to appropriate approval processes for all technology-related purchases.
- Maintains knowledge of current technology updates and recommends changes to standard product configurations to improve performance and efficiency for the business.
- Administer system and application backups globally to provide the business with a means to recover data in a timely manner.
- Performs server and application security patching and updates regularly and as needed to mitigate high risk vulnerabilities.
- Administers VMware, Citrix, Pega Systems, Azure, Active Directory and various server operating systems as needed and in accordance with vendor and organizational best practices.
- Administers Office 365, Microsoft Exchange and related applications and platforms to support enterprise email services.
- Work with Development teams to deploy and troubleshoot custom software/applications.
- Responsible for Operating System upgrades/rebuilds as they approach end of life and migration planning and execution for impacted applications.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation responsible for after-hours maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Other duties may be assigned by the department Manager.
Minimum 5 years progressive experience installing, using and/or supporting all of the following:
- Must possess outstanding written, verbal, and face to face customer service skills
- Proficient in supporting all Windows server operating systems (version 2003 and above) in an enterprise environment
- Proficient in supporting Citrix and VMware in an enterprise environment
- Office 365, AWS, and Azure experience preferred
- Veeam experience preferred
- Pega Systems experience a plus
- Microservices and container deployment and administration experience a plus
- Extensive experience supporting Active Directory and Group Policies in an enterprise environment
- Scripting and PowerShell experience preferred
- Experience utilizing helpdesk incident and change management software (ServiceNow experience preferred)
- Solid understanding of IP addressing and general networking
- Experience administering Microsoft SCCM a plus
- Experience supporting Linux and Unix server operating systems a plus
- Ability to work in a complex environment with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace change