526 Thorpe Road Orlando, FL 32824
Amazing Contract to Hire Accounting Opportunity!!
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a stable, family-oriented Company? Tews Company is seeking a Staff Accountant on a Contract to Hire role in South Orlando, FL.
The Staff Accountant must be comfortable with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
A small local manufacturer is looking for a degreed accountant who Is comfortable in a variety of job duties that include ensuring the accuracy of and proper recording of weekly payroll, limited tax preparation (sales tax, monthly and quarterly payroll returns) and filing and various accounting related job responsibilities. This is the perfect position for the person who likes variety and enjoys working with people at all levels. A successful candidate will be professional, motivated, and flexible with a natural inclination for collaboration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following.
- Researches tax issues, analyzes applicable tax laws and documents conclusions in conjunction with local CPA firm
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements
- Prepares and submits Quarterly and Monthly Payroll Tax Returns
- In-house payroll processing from inception to completion WITHOUT the assistance of an outside source
- Weekly tax filing and journal entries to the accounting system
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Bachelors in Accounting
- One year experience in a Public or Private Accounting position REQUIRED
- Solid understanding of payroll tax laws and calculations
- Excellent PC Skills including MS Excel, Macro and Word
APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration or visit our website at tewscompany.com!