232 N Orange Blossom Trail Orlando, Florida 32805 | Contract To Hire
We are seeking a Staff Accountant for a local client located just Northwest of Downtown Orlando. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in the nonprofit sector and comfortable working closely among those who uninsured and are in need of medical care.
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for accurately perform general accounting functions, grants management, and preparation of accounting records.
- Accurately maintain the general ledger including the preparation of journal entries, coding of invoices, input into the ERP system and account analysis and reconciliations.
- Effectively perform cash receipt functions including accurate coding of receipts, timely bank deposits, monthly bank reconciliation and monthly audits of petty cash accounts. Investigate and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Process and monitor account receivable to include timely billing and collection of grant receivables.
- Accurately perform accounts payable function, performing verification of invoices for payment, coding expenditures in compliance with funder requirements and timely processing of payments.
- STRONG reconciliation experience
- Strong general accounting experience
- Payroll experience
- AR experience
- Bachelor's Degree + 2 years Accounting experience
- Non-profit experience
- Grants/Funds experience
- Experience with SAGE 300 Accounting Software (highly preferred)
Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday
Immediate opening! Apply today for consideration.
For consideration for this role please apply online at www.tewscompany.com and send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org