Sr. Software Engineer
101 Southhall Lane Suite 400 Maitland, FL 32751 | Direct Hire
Our client is experiencing tremendous growth. Come be a part of their growing development team. We are looking for a couple strong .NET developers for this direct hire opportunity. Excellent benefits.
Skills/experience needed to be successful in this position:
- At least 2 years’ experience in software development including fluency and deep understanding of web application development, C#, ASP.NET, WCF, RESTful Services, Web Services, XML, MS SQL Server/T-SQL, and Object Oriented design concepts
- Thorough understanding of web technologies and experience developing high volume transaction distributed web applications in SaaS setting
- Understanding of T-SQL and SQL Server tuning methodologies
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including Agile and Waterfall
- Experience with working with offshore development teams is desired
- Ability to act independently to resolve issues.
- Ability to manage an application through the entire development life cycle and to manage time effectively.
- Good communication and teamwork skills and possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Desired experience in .NET 4.0/4.5, RESTful Services, ASP.NET Web API, AJAX, SSRS, SSIS, SSB, LINQ, entity framework, MVC/MVVM, database performance optimization.
- Desired experience with Test Driven Development and Unit test frameworks.
- Desired to have experience developing for a real-time production transaction processing system.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
- Hands-on role to work with and monitor Offshore development teams, including the following areas:
- Develop program logic for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications
- Code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications
- Maintain, test and integrate application components
- Analyze requirements, and translate business requirements into product designs
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of applications/tools using .NET technologies.
- Work with teams to estimate coding tasks and monitor progress
- Write technical specifications and other forms of documentation
- Enforce and maintain policies and procedures associated with effective and efficient software development.
- Enforce and maintain secure coding practices and coding conventions.
- Will occasionally be required to work outside usual hours of business in order to support releases without impeding access to services during usual business hours.
- Experience with automating unit testing
- Will be required to join an 3rd tier on call rotation every 3-4 months
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience with C# and Microsoft .NET technologies
- Experience with Sql Server or other enterprise databases
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc. preferred